Wintertime seems to bring on nostalgia. Whether it’s A Christmas Story repeats or a cookie-filled kitchen, December makes you want to recreate your childhood. If you’re looking to start or continue family traditions, look no further. We’ve put together a fun, nostalgia-igniting event list to help you get into the holiday spirit.
If you love classic stories and theater, head out to a show like The Nutcracker or A Christmas Carol:
* The Idaho Ballet Theatre will present the Nutcracker Ballet on December 12, 13 and 15th.
* The Boise Philharmonic will host their annual Holiday Pops concert on December 12 and 13th. This show will feature a selection of holiday carols that are sure to put jingle in your step.
* Bring the whole family to a special reading of A Christmas Carol, performing at Boise Contemporary Theatre.
Holiday lights are always a sparkling spectacle. And this year they’re all over Idaho.
* Downtown Caldwell turns into a Winter Wonderland featuring over half a million lights. Visit the lighting during weekends this month for holiday music, carolers, and kid-themed activities.
* Journey to the Coeur d’Alene Resort for a “Cruise to the North Pole”, now until January 1st. These 40-minute cruises offer spectacular views of over one million holiday lights! The most memorable point in the cruise lies across the lake, as Santa awaits your arrival at the North Pole Toy Workshop!
* For more ideas on ways to light up your holidays, check out VisitIdaho.org.
No matter what traditions you celebrate this holiday season, spending time with family is sure to supply the seasonal smiles.